Friday 28 November 2014

Pomodoro is a go


Well, not quite a pomodoro, but I have purchased a new egg timer so as to be able to keep utilising the pomodoro technique while I am working.

£4 - could have been worse.


I first came across the Pomodoro Technique while studying the Learning how to Learn MOOC.

In short, the pomodoro technique encourages the you brain to produce the best long-lasting results by forcing you to invest set periods of intense focused attention that are broken up by short period of unfocused attention...

The Pomodoro Technique in practice.

I have been getting in the habit of utilising the technique since undertaking the Learning how to Learn MOOC, but I have found the Pomodoro apps I have tried on my PC and iPad to be a little too cumbersome and plagued by problems.

I want something that will just work, I do not want something that is just going to create more work. 

Therefore, I have decided to go down the old fashioned route.

I just need to get used to the tick, tick, ticking...

No comments:

Post a Comment