Sunday 21 July 2024

My Coaching Page

The following is the coaching page that was originally accessed via the link tab under the Ways 2 Interface blog banner.

The coaching I offered was aimed at students and served as a natural extension of the postgraduate studies and research I was undertaking for the Ways 2 Interface project. 

Ultimately, the student coaching I offered didn't go anywhere, but it did serve as a good foundation onto which I later built my Not Your Average Life Coach side hustle business. 

Originally, there was also a contact form at the bottom of the page.


Personal development is as much about nurturing others as it is about improving yourself.


I offer coaching and guidance for students and their studies. As it is done as part of my research and further development, I currently do not charge for the coaching (except in really time consuming instances)

The coaching can be done either face-to-face (location dependent), indirectly or a combination of the two.

I believe in operating outside of the box.

I employ a friendly, motivational, holistic and creative coaching approach in regards to developing a student's personal focus.


“I have gained much insight just by being around him, his ideas, his research and his positive energy. He is also a very adept motivator and inspirational speaker; his confidence abounds and washes off onto all who listen. His creative and inquiring nature is an asset to anybody working with him, as he is able to bring so much to the table."  
- George Oram, Bath Spa University student


This coaching started as dissertation focused coaching based on the approach I had adopted for my dissertations, but I do not discriminate between assignment focus or a student's education level and I am very interested in a servicing as broad a field as possible.

I put a very strong emphasis on creative/lateral thinking!
  
As you will see from this blog, I have a continual interest and investment in personal development and an exceptional academic record nurtured from that philosophy. It's very much a work-in-progress but I am gradually bringing all of these pursuits together and this coaching is a huge part of that end goal.


“I’ve never been so motivated!” 
- Jacob Booth, Bath Spa University graduate


Ultimately, the approach I adopt is to start with you and your focus. AND then apply that point of view to your studies and any challenges you may be having with them - hence the holistic approach.

This is one of the biggest shortcomings of traditional education outlets, they essentially just drop a huge dusty textbook in front of you and expect you to get on with it - the problem with this approach is the boredom usually finishes you off quite quickly!

It's about more than just getting the highest mark.



However, if we start with you and what really excites you about the world and how that can be applied to your studies, then all of a sudden you have something else invested - passion!


“The most motivated individual I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Not only is he incredibly driven, which can be acknowledged at just a glance of his achievements, but his desire for success overflows to the point that Pete will encourage the success of those around him. I have never met an individual so driven and so likely to succeed and push the boundaries of whichever field he chooses to go into.” 
- Tim Bradshaw, Bath Spa University graduate


This is why I'm a coach and not a personal tutor - with me it's about nurturing more than just your studies, it's about using your studies to help empower you to nurture your overall personal development and ultimate end focus, whatever that exciting thing may be...



 What I can offer you 


    • Individually tailored coaching as determined by the consolidation of your fundamental focus
    • Assistance in figuring out your fundamental focus a.k.a. the most effective point of view through which you apply yourself - the thing that really excites you!
    • Advice for translating academic language and concepts into plain english
    • Study, memorisation and visualisation tips
    • Interpersonal tips for dealing with "difficult" tutors 
    • Assignment focus and/or project concept discussions 
    • Idea generation tips and guidance 
    • Advice for dealing with criticism, doubt and stress
    • Guidance on developing your creative, emotional and personal intelligence 
    • Constructive critiquing and critical thinking development
    • Formatting, style and structuring guidance 
    • Support and advice for building accountability and productive working habits 
    • Research methodologies and ethical considerations guidance 
    • Public speaking and presentations coaching 
    • Time management guidance 
    • General motivational guidance
    • Many more...

    Basically, whatever you are not getting from traditional education outlets, I will endeavour to offer you. I have been let down by traditional education in so many different ways all of my life, so I have a lot of mistakes and self-taught fixes to draw on.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment